You may have to pay a Departure Fee when you leave this village. Departure Fees enable the owner/operator of a Retirement Village to take on commitments to the Village which ensure Residents have a simpler life where much of the worry is removed. In the case of Oceangrove, the Dee Why RSL is committed to:
- Maintain and upgrade community spaces within the Village as required
- Fund all major capital works including replacement of lifts, roofing, common area furnishings etc when required
- Fund the refurbishment of apartments
- Ensure strong management of the Village
- Buy back apartments not re-sold within 6 months of being available for release
- Structuring such fees to be paid at the end of a residency, to ensure Residents have more disposable income when they need it most
You may have to share any capital gains received with the operator of this village, being Dee Why RSL.