You may have to pay a Departure Fee when you leave this village. Departure Fees enable the owner/operator of a Retirement Village to take on commitments to the Village which ensure Residents have a simpler life where much of the worry is removed. In the case of Oceangrove, the Dee Why RSL Club is committed to:
- Maintain and upgrade community spaces within the Village as required
- Fund all major capital works including replacement of lifts, roofing, common area furnishings etc when required
- Fund the refurbishment of apartments
- Ensure strong management of the Village
- Buy back apartments not re-sold within 6 months of being available for release
- Structuring such fees to be paid at the end of a residency, to ensure Residents have more disposable income when they need it most
You may have to share any capital gains received with the operator of this village, being Dee Why RSL Club.